....I offer up this paltry post. I know that I have a post (about a certain person losing some sort of virginity) I need to write, but I'm not feeling it. The words haven't connected properly in my brain just yet, so until they do how about I play along with Sunday Stealing?
1. Is there someone in your life you know you’d be better off without? I cleaned out my relationship closet from 2005-2009. I had a sister-in-law that didn't fit me anymore, a father-in-law that was a gift with purchase that I never liked, and one particular friend who was clingy in an unflattering way. I think I'm done. Everybody else is a good fit, and I've learned to be a picky shopper when it comes to new friends.
2. Do you get criticized because of your body? I'm sure it's possible, but not that I'm aware of. At least not anymore. My booty was before it's time back in high school and I had the nickname Bubble Butt. I didn't mind the name (it was true) but I minded the meanness behind the use of it by one particular guy. He attempted to get under my skin with snarky little jabs. I ignored him, but on some level I regret not calling him out for the asshole he was. I never had any boyfriends that minded the junk in my trunk. I remember when curvy booties became "in" and low-rise jeans made their appearance. I heard angels sing. It was about time that more people realized that having an ass did not make women fat, it made them fun to hold on to! ;)
3. Did you kiss the last person you called? No, I don't think my daughter would have appreciated me doing that. I called her boyfriend to let him know I was at the school to pick them up after the homecoming dance. Daughter was sans cell because of limited space in her clutch.
4. When was the last time you danced? I danced Wednesday morning in the kitchen by myself to a song that wouldn't get out of my head, so I played it on the stereo on repeat a few times to get it out of my system. It worked. Damn it. Now I'm thinking of it again.......
5. Do you keep in mind other people’s feelings? I keep them in mind when the situation calls for it, but I'm real big on making myself happy, and sometimes there's a cost.
6. If you have a hang nail, do you pull it or clip it? Pulling appeals to my laziness. Who wants to go all the way to the bathroom for the clippers? But clipping appeals to my need for efficiency. Pulling causes an angry flare up the next day that stays hurty for way too long. I solve this need by biting them. Win-win.
7. Who do you want to forget? I feel like if you forget the person, then you forget the lesson learned. So my answer is nobody, but I'll add that I've learned some big lessons in life.
8. Who was the last person to send you a letter? An estranged friend who is starting up a cleaning business. I guess a business letter counts, right? If not, then it was my husband's grandmother at Christmas last year.
9. Who did you last tell to shut up? Probably the cat. She's mouthy in the morning when she wants food. And I prefer a quiet morning.
10. What’s the last thing that you smelt that smelt bad? In all honesty, it was myself. I was in a hurry to pack up and head home Saturday morning and I forgot to apply deodorant. We're having unseasonably warm weather this weekend and the combined effects were quite obvious this morning. It's been remedied.
11. What’s your favorite cereal? I could always eat a bowl of Cheerios. Right now it's Multigrain Cheerios.
12. How do you feel when people lead you on, but they don’t even like you? If we're talking about dating prospects, then I have no experience with this. I have a good bullshit detector, plus I haven't dated in 20 years. Besides, who would do that? It's a waste of time and effort. If we're talking about people who try to be nice in order to use you, then I take a "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me" attitude.
13. Could you live without sunlight? Not happily.
14. What’s something you know is bad, but you want to do it anyway? Oh, that's a loaded question. What defines "bad"? I don't want to be arrested or permanently hurt anyone. Note I said permanently. *wicked grin* I have my own set of moral codes that I play by, and those have shifted over the last two years. I'm having a hard time nailing down an answer................The first thing that comes to mind is that I would want to experience men other than my husband. And for right now, that would be bad of me to do. We don't have an open relationship, and I'm not sure we're at a place in life where we could handle that. But if we were at that place and I did experience other men, then it wouldn't be bad. See? This "bad" label is tricky business.
15. What was the last thing you lied about? I told my friend that I was giving myself a pedicure in the bathroom when I was really expressing my milk into the sink. There are some things even good friends don't need to know. ;)
16. Do you regret anything you’ve done in the past week? I regretted staying up until 3 a.m. on Friday morning, but only until the coffee kicked in.
17. What was the last movie you bought? I purchased Red Riding Hood on demand if that counts. Maybe in July or August? Usually I rent movies.
18. What is a sport you would like to do? Ice skating would be fun. Gliding over the ice would feel like flying.
19. When was the last time you felt like crying? End of August was very emotional for me. Probably then.
20. Have you ever wanted to kill someone (not that you actually do it)? Kill as in dead? No. But seriously maim due to outrageous anger and frustration? Oh yes. Yes - lots and lots of times. I fantasized about wrapping my hands around someone's throat and choking the stupidity out of them. But that was years ago.
Thank you for playing this week on Sunday Stealing! Please leave a comment or link when you have posted. Stop back and visit other player’s posts. That is really what this is all about, making new friends! Have a great week. See you next Sunday!