...but killing time and pretending like the weekend isn't over?
Stealing Sunday it is, then!
1. One of my favorite TV shows recently changed the actors who played two characters. Have you ever been bothered by a TV show or movie series changing actors who play a character you love? I was a faithful Dukes of Hazzard fan as a kid, and when Bo and Luke were replaced it broke my heart.
2. A coworker recently shared a link to a blog listing the "five things you should know before dating a journalist." As a journalist, I can honestly say the writer was spot-on. What are some things people should know before spending time with you? That you shouldn't ask my opinion unless you can handle the truth, that I do not suffer fools, and I have no patience for social games.
3. What is something you often do without realizing that you're doing it? I wiggle my toes and bite straws
4. Who has the capacity to make you angrier than anyone else in your life, and what in particular does he or she do to make you so angry? Ugh.....my father-in-law. He exists. I have a post in the works that reveals some of that relationship. You'll see.
5. If a fairy waved a magic wand and gave you the house of your dreams, where would it be and what features would it have? It would be like the Room of Requirements at Hogwarts. Whatever I needed - there it is! And it would be self-cleaning. Where? Oh, for a house like that I would relocate anywhere.
6. What’s a belief that you hold with which many people disagree? That gay people have the right to marriage.
7. I used to talk in my sleep. In fact, I could carry on a conversation with someone when I was fully asleep, and my mom used this fact when I was a teenager to find out if I did anything wrong and was hiding it from my parents. If you were talking your sleep tonight, what do you think you would say? I sleep with a fairly clear conscience. I have no worries. But my dreams are vivid, usually crazy, so there's no telling what I would say. I once answered a question with the response "Mr. Butterpants". I still don't know why.
8. The fourth installment of the "Twilight" movie series ("Breaking Dawn Part I") will be released in theaters soon. Movie theaters started selling advance tickets for midnight showings months ago. Have you ever attended a midnight premiere showing of a movie? Nope. I give it a day or two to settle down before I fight the crowds.
9. On Tuesday, tigers, lions and bears were let loose in Zanesville, Ohio, by their owner before he committed suicide, leading to a hunt in which 49 of the animals, including 18 endangered Bengal tigers, were killed. How would you react if you saw "Caution exotic animals. Stay in your vehicle" being displayed on a road sign? I'd say "oooooh, I wonder what kind?" and then I'd rubberneck trying to spot some.
10. If a company opened a theme park aimed at adults, what would you name one of the rides? Like......adult, adult? Hee hee. Something kinky.....like.......Whip Lash.
11. Imagine you just moved onto Sesame Street. Which puppet would you want as your new roommate? Bert and Ernie, 'cause obviously they're gay and I've always wanted a gay friend.
12. Have you ever had a weird crush on a famous person that didn't make sense to you? Yes, Robert Pattinson makes no sense to me. He's a little effeminate, too scrawny, and he smokes. I didn't even think much of him after I saw Twilight, but then I found a few interviews of him, then like.....1,000 more and his personality is so endearing that ...BAM! I fell victim. Then I found outtakes of a particular Vanity Fair photoshoot and God damn - the boy cleans up well and a few of my triggers were set off. End of story.
13. If you get ten minutes to interview any celebrity of your choice, who would you like it to be? See previous response. I want to know things that should not be asked in interviews. ;)
14. You've just won the complete DVD collection of all the movies starring one actor or actress. Which actor/actress would you pick? Julia Roberts has done a lot of good work, and she's the first person I thought of.
15. Actor George Clooney recently told People Magazine that he doesn't use Twitter "because I will drink in the evening and I don't want anything that I could possibly write at midnight to actually end my career." What is something you've said through social media and then regretted it? My blog is the only form of social media I have, and I haven't had any regrets about what I've said. Had some regrets about who's read some stuff, though.
16. VH1 has re-introduced its hit show "Pop-Up Video," which gives behind-the-scenes facts for popular music videos. What musician would you be most interested in learning behind-the-scenes facts about? I'll go with Van Morrison because I love his music and have so much of it, but I know zilch about him.
17. If you stumbled across someone's personal written journal that was accidentally left in a public place, would you read any of the content? Pfffft. Uh, yeah. As much as I could before they got back. I'm nosy - I'll admit it.
18. What is the title of a self-help book that you'd never want to see on a store bookshelf? Fisting and Beyond. It's the beyond that I don't want to think about......
19. Many media outlets have been asking this question a lot this week... Which Halloween costume do you think will be overdone this year? Steve Jobs. Too easy, too soon.
20. Should a marriage license have a renewal date or expiration date, like a driver’s license? It's not a bad idea actually.......
Thank you for playing this week on Sunday Stealing! Please leave a comment or link when you have posted. Stop back and visit other player’s posts. That is really what this is all about, making new friends! Have a great week. See you next Sunday!