I haven't participated in awhile and thought it'd be a good way to pass the time on a boring Sunday afternoon and also to flex my typing muscles. They are pitifully underused recently. I'll spare you the details of my other underused anatomy. *heavy sigh.....* Wow, sorry, that was more like TMI Tuesday. Anyway, this is part 1 and part 2 all in one week :
1) Who is the last person you high-fived? My son, I think, when he told me he got a 95 on a Calculus test.
2) If you were drafted into a war, would you survive. The draft yes. The war, I doubt it.
3) Do you sleep with the TV on? No. I rarely watch TV at all. I do however fall asleep listening to podcasts. They knock me right out, but waking up with earbuds strangling me is no fun.
4) Have you ever drunk milk straight out of the carton? Yep.
5) Have you ever won a spelling bee? Maybe. I can't remember, but I always lasted until the final few. These were not big bees, just classroom or grade level bees.
6) Have you ever been stung by a bee? Just once, but I remember it well. I was in 2nd grade, it was at a football game, on my inner thigh, and it hurt. Badly, for days.
7) How fast can you type? Only as quick as I think, which sometimes is slow. I took typing in school and learned the "proper" way to type with finger placement and everything, but I lost my skill and now I have to look at the keyboard, yet I still make mistakes. I made 3 typing this answer.
8) Are you afraid of the dark? Oh, no. I love the dark and feel comfortable in it, except when camping and I have to trek to the potty in the middle of the night. Why do I always have to pee in the early hours of camping, but I never do at home? Can someone please tell me that?
9) Eye color: Depends on what I'm wearing. Blue-gray, blue-green, and sometimes just blue. They look prettiest when I wear teal. So I'm told.
10) Have you ever made out at a drive-in? No. The last movie I even saw at a drive-in was Turner and Hooch with my boyfriend, his mom and her boyfriend when I was 14 or 15.
11) When was the last time you chose a bath over a shower? A week or two ago. It was bubbly and smelled like lavender.
12) Do you knock on wood? When I use the phrase I do. And that's not often.
13) Do you floss daily? No.
15) Can you hula hoop? Oh, yes. I'm a good hula hooper.
16) Are you good at keeping secrets? Yes, but it depends on the seriousness of the secret. And I'm a pretty good liar if I need to cover the truth to keep a secret. With that being said, I'm a very honest person (sometimes to a fault) and I'm quick to share things with Od - unless I'm specifically told "tell no one".
17) What do you want for Christmas? To go far far away and stay in a cabin where it does nothing outside but snow.
18) Do you know the Muffin Man? Yeah, and so do my hips. ;) That's why I'm so good at hula hooping. He lives at Panera in case you were interested.
19) Do you talk in your sleep? I've said some outrageous, non-sensical things when I get woken up by being asked a question, but I don't think I talk during sleep.
20) Who wrote the book of love? There isn't one, silly. Don't you know there is no book, pamphlet, guidelines or even rules where love is concerned? It's too tricky.
And now for part 2 :
21) Have you ever flown a kite? A few times when I was a kid and a few times with my own kids. Rarely successfully. Sometimes with tears.
22) Do you wish on your fallen lashes? I do.
23) Do you consider yourself successful? By my own standards I am successful in certain areas and a failure in others. I'm currently working on them. Failing really, really sucks.
24) When was the last time that you made an obscene phone call? I don't recall ever having made one. Now texting is an entirely different subject......
25) Have you ever asked for a pony? No. I never had a horse phase that a lot of adolescent girls have.
26) Plans for tomorrow? Making a lot of phone calls and dropping off a very large load of donations to Goodwill, and spending some time in my studio if time allows. Oh, and I'm also roasting a turkey.
27) Can you juggle? No. I've tried.
28) Missing someone now? Not really.
29) When was the last time you told someone "I love you"? I replied "love you too" in email form about an hour ago if that counts.
30) And truly meant it? I mean it every time I say it or I can't say it at all.
31) How often do you drink alcohol? 3-4 times per month or less, and my limit is 2-3 drinks. I'm a lightweight drinker.
32) How are you feeling today? bored and frustrated, but the frustration is plateauing into complacency. That's worrisome.
33) Have you every tried to write a meme? No, but I've thought about it.
34) Have you ever been fired from a job? Yes. I had to make a choice : be somewhere I wanted to be or get fired for not going in. It was a part time job and I was young and hot-headed. So I did what I wanted, knowing I'd lose my job over it. My enthusiasm for the job was winding down anyway, but I regret the "fired" stigma.
35) What are you looking forward to? Tomorrow. I love Mondays. Seriously. It's a brand new week with a clean slate. I love that.
36) Have you ever crawled through a window? Yep. I used to crawl through my old bedroom window to sunbathe on the patio roof. (and to smoke)
37) What's the most recent bad meal that you had to endure? The grilled pork loin I made 2 nights ago. It was probably in the freezer too long or just not a quality piece of meat to begin with, then I cut the pieces too thick and they were undercooked. Not a good sign when the steamed broccoli is the best part of the meal. :(
38) Can you handle the truth? Yes I can. I just wish others around me could, as well.
39) Whose to blame for what's going on? I don't care to assign blame. It indicates a refusal to take responsibility.
40) What will it take to fix it all up? Accepting the truth, holding ourselves accountable, letting go of egos, and being helpful instead of harmful.
Thank you for playing this week on Sunday Stealing! Please leave a comment or link when you have posted. Stop back and visit other player’s posts. That is really what this is all about, making new friends! Have a great week. See you next Sunday!