What’s Cookin’ Good Lookin’?
In the United States Thanksgiving is this week, so a lot of folks will be cooking up a storm in preparation. Many other holidays will occur over the next month around the world and everyone seems to celebrate with food, hence, the TMI Tuesday theme…Cooking.
1. Haagen-Dazs or Ben & Jerry’s? Haagen-Dazs, Shmaagen-Dazs. Graeter's Peppermint Stick is where it's at. Oh, you don't have Graeter's? Poor fools. ;)
2. What is always in your refrigerator? My teenage son. Food? We have no food. I just explained. I have a teenage son.
3. What’s your worst kitchen disaster? I was gonna say the time Od and I tried to make shrimp fried rice in the microwave. I was only 17 and at the time he cooked everything, everything, in the microwave. We thought it would work. It was gross. Gross beyond describable proportions. However, that was a tiny bump in our culinary road. My biggest disaster occurred 2 years ago and doesn't involve any food. After lusting after one of these beautiful pieces for more than a decade I bought myself one. And about the....oh, second or third time I used it I set it on fire. I was heating oil in it to brown meat and my daughter asked for help starting her laundry. Foolish me dashes downstairs to help her "real quick". Minutes later the smoke alarm goes off and I have that "oh shit!" moment when you realize you just fucked up. Smoke was rolling out of the kitchen, flames were shooting up the range hood and all I could do was cover the pot with the lid to smother the flames and turn the burner off and run out the back door to escape the smoke. To their credit, Le Creuset makes quality goods. It took Od and I a considerable amount of elbow grease and lots and lots of soaking/scrubbing/scraping to remove the tar-like sludge from the pot, and the enamel is dull and crackled in spots, but it works just fine. I'd also like to point out what gems those Mr. Clean Magic Erasers are. I went through a couple boxes of those to clean the cabinets, the walls, the stove, the range hood (inside and out) and the ceiling.
4. Favorite kitchen gadget? Either my salad choppers or my food chopper.
5. What was your last meal? Did you like it? My last meal was from the Wendy's driv-thru. I wan't particularly thrilled with it, they got my order wrong.
6. What’s your favorite cookie? If it's fresh baked, still slightly warm, then it's my favorite. Unless it has coconut. Then no thank you. Chocolate chip, chocolate crinkles, snickerdoodles, and oatmeal cranberry white chocolate chip top the list.
Instead of just telling us about your favorite cookie why don’t you share the recipe via The Great Online Cookie Exchange Extravaganza
How to play TMI Tuesday: Copy the above TMI Tuesday questions to your webspace (i.e., a blog). Answer the questions there, then leave a comment below, on this blog post, so we’ll all know where to read your responses. Please don’t forget to link to tmituesdayblog from your website!
Happy TMI Tuesday!