Extra Stuff

Monday, December 12, 2011

Taking a cue from Will.....

.....and I'm posting Sunday Stealing on a Monday. This is the Blue Memory Meme part deux :

(see how much of a rebel I am, participating a day late and not even filling out part un?)

26) Are you happy with the person you've become? I've erased three attempts at this answer so far. (and taken 15 minutes to do it) I'm not sure... but I'm guessing that indicates some confliction. I would describe myself as a person who is happy within her means. I never meant to become a mother at 19. I never meant to leave college. I never meant to follow the path of least resistance. But I did. I lost my 20's to Mommyhood and then I resigned myself to it. I feel there is another version of myself out there that should have been. Like, really, really should have been. And because of my choices, she can never be. I'm content with who I've become. I don't know about happy.

27) What's a sound you hate; sound you love? Doors banging shut (like a screen door or cabinet), and baby belly laughs.

28) What's your biggest "what if"? What if I'd not gotten pregnant? Such a guilt inducing question. I really try to think this one through sometimes and I just can't arrive at any possible scenarios. Maybe I would end up in the same place but with a kid, just a year later, or two years later. Then I get sad about not having my son in my life. Because as much as I created him, he created me too. Then that means I wouldn't have my daughter either, and, and, and........

I don't like to play the what if game.


29) Do you believe in ghosts? Yes. But I would never actively seek one out. It gives me the heebie jeebies to think about that.

30) How about aliens? Sure, why not.

31) What is the single best decision you have made in your life so far? I choose to be an honest person. That way, I don't have to worry about lies to cover lies to cover lies. Sometimes honesty comes at a price. It has cost me a few friendships, and could have easily cost me my marriage. But I've seen what becomes of a person who lives a life full of lies to get what they want.

32) What's the worst place you have ever been to? Panama City after Hurricane Opal in '95. What the hell were we thinking?

33) Can insanity bring on more creativity? Yes, absolutely. Some of the best work is done by people who are at least slightly off their rockers. Creativity must be diligently tapped into by those of us who hold onto our rockers with both hands. The crazies get it free and easy. It's a trade off.

34) Most attractive actor of your opposite gender? Most attractive male actor? As in classically attractive, or appeals to my own personal sense of attractive? If for no other reason than just looking at him makes my girly parts happy, then it's got to be Henry Cavill. I've been crushing on him since I watched The Tudors on DVD last year. He's even pretty when he scowls, and is the sole reason I wanted to go see Immortals.


35) To you, what is the meaning of life? To find our own happiness.

36) Define “Art”. Any expression of creativity. Even more amazing if it's through mundane objects. Matter of fact, I prefer quirky over classic any day.

37) Do you believe in luck? Yes. There are times when being smart and working hard just don't cut it. A little luck must be involved, too.

38) In your opinion, what makes a great relationship? Compatibility. Personal, sexual, financial, social. All very important.

39) What's a song that always makes you happy when you hear it? Recently? Baby It's Cold Outside and Santa BabyI even like my Christmas songs with a hint of naughtiness. ;)

40) Where were you yesterday? Making my Christmas cards, then having dinner out with my husband and doing some Christmas shopping.

41) What's the worst injury you've ever had? When I was 3 I climbed onto the stove and sat down, played with the knobs and got serious burns on my arm, my foot, and my butt. I don't remember any of it though and the scars are such a part of me I don't even think about them. I couldn't tell you which foot is scarred unless I look, the arm scar is so faded it's almost invisible, and I didn't even know I had one on my butt until I was 11 or 12 when my mom said something about the "smile" on my other cheeks. I asked what she meant and when she explained I went running to my room to look and there it was. A half ring scar right under my left cheek.

42) Do you have any obsessions right now? No. I equally distribute my distraction.

43) What's up? My hair. In a clip. As in a I-was-too-lazy-to do-my-hair-today kind of way.

44) Ever had a rumor spread about you? Yes. When I was 15 my boyfriend at the time had some  friends that started telling a stupid story about me eating a donut off of his dick. Why? No clue. Did I? No. It's such a random, ridiculous story. If they wanted to piss me off they could have at least gone with something better than that. I suspect their lack of imagination was due to a lack of experience. Not a problem I had at the time.  If only they knew how acquainted my mouth was with his dick, donut or no donut.........

45) Do you believe in real magic? Nah, not really.

46) Do you ever hold grudges against people who have done you wrong? Pffft. Do I hold grudges? Hah! That's a juvenile notion of solving a problematic situation without really solving anything and exhibiting behavior unbecoming to an adult. The answer is yes. Yes I do.

47) What's your favorite (non-pet) animal? Big cats. Particularly tigers. I find their eyes captivating and their patterns mesmerizing. See? Just gorgeous beasties.


48) What is your secret weapon to get people to like you? Typically I don't try hard to win people over. It's not my style. They either like me or they don't. But a genuine smile, and direct eye contact goes a long way with most people. 

49) Where is your best friend? Probably in the kitchen eating pickles. He's been on a pickle kick lately.

50) What do you think is Satan's last name? Fur. First name, Lucy. Because if hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, do you honestly believe they'd put a man in charge down there?



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Number 26 seems a bit sad... I don't know if it was intended to be sad but that's how it felt. I'm a firm believer in destiny so I don't think there was another version of you that should have been. I believe that you should have been a mother and who knows maybe it saved you from making a massive mistake in that other version of you that you mentioned :) But i do like this blog! Great reflections on yourself and your beliefs!

Anonymous said...

#26 is a tough one to answer, because you have to really know who you are right now to know whether or not you like that person. However, for what it's worth, I kind of like the person you have become!

#31 - you are a role model of this

#46 - I loved the insightful analysis although I kind of saw the answer coming :) At least you are honest (#31)

P.S. - been reading and trying to make use of Married Man Sex Life blog, lots of great stuff there, thanks!

-M